Support my attention-whoring ways by following us on twitter! https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton

Get the SKOdcast imported directly into your brain! http://startkyleorton.podbean.com/feed/

Monday, September 20, 2010

HATE WEEK BEGINS NOW

It's Packer week, assholes. After last year's unfortunate sweep by Green Bay, the Bears now stand at just 7-5 against the Packers in the Lovie Era, with Monday night's game being perhaps the most important matchup the two teams have had in this decade. What's that call for? Blind, unadulterated, unmitigated hatred, of course.


I like your style, George.

The Packers are everyone's preseason favorite to win the Superbowl, and, unlike the offseason darling that the Bears demolished yesterday, they're actually living up to the hype so far. They're struggling in the run game without Ryan Grant, but Aaron Rodgers is more than capable of compensating.

This game is going to be decided by whichever defense hits the opposing quarterback more. It's that simple. Green Bay's offensive line is looking as iffy as ever, and we've seen live just how shaky Chicago's can be. Will it be Clay Matthews or Julius Peppers running off the field in triumph? I don't know.

All I know is that the Bears, so far, have done all the things I thought they'd need to do to win games this year. I have faith that Mike Martz can find the holes in Green Bay's defense. I can only hope that the Bears front seven will continue to annihilate the run and pressure Rodgers into getting rid of the ball before he can find Jennings or Driver deep in what's still a pretty sketchy secondary.

I honestly can't even venture a guess as to what's going to happen on Monday. But I have legitimate hope that the Bears can win this game. I'll take that for now. ON WITH THE HATRED!

No comments: