-RUN FATTY RUN!!!!!
And if I wasn't in a deep depression over the Bears being in last I may have enjoyed this EVEN MORE.
-He still ain't Barry Sanders... yet. But Adrian Peterson is perhaps the most frighteningly good running back in the NFL since Barry. Oh, but only if he would have shown some of this talent in college, mayhap he would have been picked above #7! Wait, he almost (and should have), won the Heisman as a freshman? WELL WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!
-Also, because I am in no way shy about tooting my own horn, I did say before the draft that AD was the #2 player available behind Calvin Johnson. BITCH.
-Oh yeah, and these guys did okay too, I guess:
- Marshawn Lynch: 29 carries, 153 yards, 1 TD
- Warrick Dunn: 27 carries, 100 yards, 1 TD
- Joseph Addai: 26 carries, 112 yards/ 5 catches, 114 yards, 1 TD
- Clinton Portis: 36 carries, 196 yards, 1 TD
- Ladell Betts: 9 carries, 64 yards
- Ernest Graham: 34 carries, 124 yards, 1 TD
- Lendale White: 31 carries, 100 yards, 1 TD
- Ron Fuckin Dayne: 21 carries, 122 yards, 1 TD
make that 109 7/8 yards. This was really a double dipper for me, because if Antonio's last name represents the high school where Freddie Mercury, a purple gorilla, and a robot that thinks it's human attend: then he is one of my favorite players.
-Derek Anderson is acting eerily similar to Drew Brees when Philip Rivers was drafted, and I have a sneaky suspicion that it will end the same way, with Anderson being let go and the Ravens picking him up (the horror... th horror... for Browns fans...).
-----Power Rankings to come on the 'morrow, for now enjoy Devin Hester as we all do (and a pleasant reminder that Duke just CAN NOT tackle: