Support my attention-whoring ways by following us on twitter! https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton

Get the SKOdcast imported directly into your brain! http://startkyleorton.podbean.com/feed/

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Prognostication Bukakke, NCAA Week 9

Standings:
Iggins!: 81-41
Code Red: 77-45
Mrs. Code Red: 72-50

Michigan State (6-1) at Nebraska (6-1)
Code Red: What the hell? Michigan State looked so damn...average...but they beat Wisconsin? Wisconsin beat Nebraska 48-17...transitive property never fails. MSU wins.

Iggins!: Hm. I don't really want to take chances but basically, the two games in which MSU has struggled were road games. They lost big to ND and only won 10-7 against a pretty mediocre OSU team. I really think MSU is a better team, but the matchup suggests NU wins, so I'll take the Huskers to win.

Mrs. Code Red: I like Nebraska better, but Michigan State looked really impressive beating Wisconsin...Michigan State, I guess, but with much hesitation.

Oklahoma (6-1) at Kansas State (7-0)
Iggins!: Oh crap, this game is this week? Oklahoma reminded us all why they lost last year; because some games they play like an NFL team and some games half of them are playing Tetris in their heads. I really like K-State but I don't think they're ready for this yet, and they're ranked much too high. Oklahoma wins.

Code Red: Yeah, I just can't see Oklahoma losing two in a row. Oklahoma wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Oklahoma is the superior team. They shouldn't lose again. Oklahoma wins.

Illinois (6-2) at Penn State (7-1)
Code Red: This game shall determine if Illinois has a January 1st bowl somewhere in its future still, or if this is just another incredibly talented team that Zook will drive down to the Hemorrhoid Ointment.Com Bowl. Illini win, me hopes, but the faith, she is sinking.

Iggins!: DE-FENSE. Penn State has lots of it. And Illinois is as one-dimensional as it gets. And it's in Happy Valley. I'm surprised you picked this game, knowing your homerism would slant you? Penn State wins.

Mrs. Code Red: I hate to pick against Illinois, but I for sure think Penn State will win. Zook's going to fuck this season up like all of the others.

Clemson (8-0) at Georgia Tech (6-2)
Iggins!: I said I'd stick with them. And GaTech looked like dog vomit last week. Clemson wins.

Code Red: Man, Georgia Tech really fell off once conference play started. And they play in a shitty conference. That's a bad sign, man. Clemson wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Yeah, easy non-conference games are misleading. Clemson.

Wisconsin (6-1) at Ohio State (4-3)
Code Red: Wisconsin will have much rage to extract here. Wisconsin wins.

Iggins!: This is going to be a beating. Wisconsin wins.

Mrs. Code Red: The loss was a fluke. I take Wisconsin here.

Baylor (4-2) at Oklahoma State (7-0)
Iggins!: RG3 can't do it all by himself, and if this proves anything it's that Baylor just got lucky with one recruit and they will never be consistently prominent. OK State wins.

Code Red: Oklahoma State is the best team in the Big 12. OK State wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Not only are they the best in the Big 12, they're a contender for best in the country. OK State wins.

Wake Forest (5-2) at UNC (5-3)
Code Red: I think this may be Wake Forest's first ever appearance on the Prognostication Bukakke. Wake Forest wins.

Iggins!: Hm. This is a tossup, so I'll take UNC to win.

Mrs Code Red: I think you're right. I've never seen Wake Forest here before. I know literally nothing about them. I guess go Wake Forest?

Stanford (7-0) at USC (6-1)
Iggins!: Stanford by several touchdowns.

Code Red: The Barkley-Luck matchup should rack up some points. Should be a fun game but USC will fade late to lose by multiple scores. Stanford wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Andrew Luck will be the number one overall pick, therefore he should win this game. Stanford wins.

Florida (4-3) at Georgia (5-2)
Code Red: Georgia's recovered quite nicely and will break their losing streak in the World's Largest Outdoor Coke Orgy. Georgia wins.

Iggins!: Everybody got so angry in Georgia when the Dawgs lost to two great teams to start the year. Mark Richt wants you to suck it now. Georgia wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Neither looks particularly good to me, but Georgia appears to be the better of the two.

West Virginia (5-2) at Rutgers (5-2)
Iggins!: West Virginia's bane is... Syracuse? That's odd. I'll still take WVU to win here, though.

Code Red: I don't feel comfortable picking them, but West Virginia will win.

Mrs. Code Red: I know nothing about either team, I'll gamble with Rutgers because I've got nothing to lose. I'm crazy like that.

No comments: