Support my attention-whoring ways by following us on twitter! https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton

Get the SKOdcast imported directly into your brain! http://startkyleorton.podbean.com/feed/

Friday, October 21, 2011

Prognostication Bukakke, NCAA Week 8

So I skipped last week due to gross negligence on my part. Two weeks ago I cut Iggins' 8 game lead down to five. We'll see if I can make some more headway.

UNC (5-2) at Clemson (7-0)
Code Red: Per usual, it wouldn't shock me if they lost. However, Clemson is legitimately good. Clemson win.

Iggins!: I will pick Clemson until they lose from now on, I guess, so they'll probably be losing this week. Clemson wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Clemson, because they're undefeated. Logic.

Auburn (5-2) at LSU (7-0)
Iggins!: LSU. By a lot.

Code Red: Oh definitely LSU. The games suck this week.

Mrs. Code Red: LSU. They're really good.

Wisconsin (6-0) at Michigan State (5-1)
Code Red: Michigan State did a nice thing by dispelling the illusion that Michigan was good. However, Wisconsin is a murderous juggernaut. Wisconsin wins.

Iggins!: Wisconsin is much better than 6th in the nation. Wisconsin wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Wisconsin. Because they're a better team, maybe a national title team.

Washington (5-1) at Stanford (6-0)
Iggins!: Fun fact, neither of these teams has beaten a team with a winning record yet this season. In other words, Washington isn't actually good. Stanford wins.

Code Red: Andrew Luck is dreamy. Stanford wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Stanford I guess. This week does suck.

Penn State (6-1) at NW (2-4)
Code Red: Northwestern's due to break out at some point. NW wins.

Iggins!: I have to say Northwestern wins here if only because all you need to beat PSU is a great offense.

Mrs. Code Red: Northwestern. I think they tend to pull games out of their asses.

Cincinnati (5-1) at USF (4-2)
Iggins!: A BIG EAST SHOWDOWN. The conference of six! Soon to include perennial powers like SMU... and Navy... let us all hope this removes the Big East's autobid. USF wins?

Code Red: Cin..ci..nn..ati?

Mrs. Code Red: Should I care? Does anyone? Cincinnati (the town) sucks, I think. USF wins. Their win over Notre Dame is meaningless, but it's still the best thing either of these teams has done.

USC (5-1) at Notre Dame (4-2)
Code Red: Ah, both of these once proud teams are pretty mediocre. USC's defense blows. I think Notre Dame will take advantage. ND wins.

Iggins!: I'll take Notre Dame because of home field advantage.

Code Red: You sonofabitch. TAKE USC, DADDY NEEDS THE WINS.

Mrs. Code Red: I'll take USC, then. Bitches.

Utah (3-3) at Cal (3-3)
Iggins!: This is tough. I'll take Utah because Cal is so goddamned irrelevant.

Code Red: I'll take Cal because Utah is so goddamned irrelevant.

Mrs. Code Red: This whole damn week is irrelevant. U..tah?

Texas Tech (4-2) at Oklahoma (6-0)
Code Red: There were only a few good games this weekend. This isn't one of them. Oklahoma wins.

Iggins!: Oklahoma wins by 50.

Mrs. Code Red: Oklahoma. There's no way Texas Tech can win this.

Oklahoma State (6-0) at Missouri (3-3)
Iggins!: Missouri was very overrated this season. OK State wins.

Code Red: If they were rated at all they were overrated. No one should have looked at Missouri and said “oh, they merit discussion.” OK State wins.

Mrs. Code Red: Oklahoma State.

No comments: