Support my attention-whoring ways by following us on twitter! https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton

Get the SKOdcast imported directly into your brain! http://startkyleorton.podbean.com/feed/

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Progkakke Week 13

Iggins!: 94-52-1
Mrs. Code Red: 94-52-1
Code Red: 93-53-1
Erik: 86-60-1

Green Bay Packers (5-5-1) @ Detroit Lions (6-5)
Iggins!: Look, normally we don’t do contingency picks here, but in this case it is absolutely necessary. If Rodgers plays, Green Bay wins. If he does not, Lions win.

Erik: I might still pick the Lions, honestly, the Packers are just absolutely ravaged by injuries right now. I’m going to do it. Lions.

Code Red: They already said it's Flynn, so Lions it is.

Mrs. Code Red: Lions.

Oakland Raiders (4-7) @ Dallas Cowboys (6-5)
Erik: Barf. Cowboys.

Code Red: Barf indeed. Cowboys.

Mrs. Code Red: Cowboys.

Iggins!: Cowboys it is!

Pittsburgh Steelers (5-6) @ Baltimore Ravens (5-6)
Iggins!: Mediocrity abounds. Home team, I guess. Ravens win.

Erik: I would not be at all surprised to see the Steelers win, but the Ravens should.'

Code Red: Ravens?

Mrs. Code Red: Ravens at home, I suppose.

Chicago Bears (6-5) @ Minnesota Vikings (2-8-1)
Erik: There is not depth to which I do not believe this Bears defense cannot sink anymore. They are dead last against the run, and middle of the pack against the pass. But I believe the latter is only true because teams are getting 200+ yards on the ground and don’t need to pass. Still, Bears 24-17.

Code Red: So, so happy I get to watch Adrian Peterson do unspeakable things to this defense live. Bears 
win, 33-28.

Mrs. Code Red: Bears 34-30.

Iggins!: Like I said on the podcast, my official pick is Bears, but I have a strong feeling that the Vikings are going to take this one.


Jacksonville Jaguars (2-9) @ Cleveland Browns (4-7)
Iggins!: The Jaguars have been playing much better and the Browns are now playing Brandon Weeden. Jaguars win.

Erik: I can’t… I can’t do it, Travis. I just can’t. Browns.

Code Red: That's a road you must walk alone, Travis. Browns.

Mrs. Code Red: This could be entertaining. And by that I mean the exact opposite. Browns.

Tennessee Titans (5-6) @ Indianapolis Colts (7-4)
Erik: I think the Colts should win this game, but the Colts only seem to win games they’re not supposed to. But how could they not? They’re a better team, and they’re playing at home! Colts, but I don’t feel good about it.

Code Red: Hey remember when I took the Cardinals last week and y'all laughed at me? Y'ALL 
LAUGHED AT ME. Colts are mediocre, but not bad enough to lose this'n. Colts.

Mrs. Code Red: Colts.

Iggins!: The Colts are losing games by THIRTY lately, but I can't pick Fitzy. Colts win.

Miami Dolphins (5-6) @ New York Jets (5-6)
Iggins!: Man, the hard to pick games between shit teams this week. After the last few Jets games I just can’t justify picking them. Miami wins.

Erik: The Jets scored three points last week. Three. Dolphins.

Code Red: Ehhh. Dolphins.

Mrs. Code Red: Geno is bad. Really bad. Dolphins.

Arizona Cardinals (7-4) @ Philadelphia Eagles (6-5)
Erik: Despite their positive records, neither of these teams have been overly impressive this season. The Cardinals beat the Colts, but I don’t even know if that’s impressive or not. Coming off the bye at home, I have to take the Eagles.

Code Red: Keep rolling, inexplicably good Arizona Cardinals squad. Cardinals win.

Mrs. Code Red: Eagles.

Iggins!: Kyle is trying to ride the Cards to the top of the standings, apparently, but I don't see them stopping this crazy Iggles offense. Eagles win.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-8) @ Carolina Panthers (8-3)
Iggins!: The Bucs are playing really well lately. But I love me some Cam. Panthers win.

Erik: The Bucs are playing just well enough to fuck themselves out of a draft pick that might fix their glaring issues. Go Bucs! But yeah, Panthers.

Code Red: The Panthers showed me a lot last week by not losing to the Dolphins in a game they would have lost the last two years. Panthers win.

Mrs. Code Red: Panthers.

New England Patriots (8-3) @ Houston Texans (2-9)
Erik: The Texans actually might make a fight of this one, they’re currently the best pass defense in the NFL and New England’s run gameplan is currently “drop the ball.” But Brady will find the holes, or else Gronk will just make some. Patriots.

Code Red: The Texans may end up as the best team to ever get the #1 overall pick. Teddy Bridgewater throwing to Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins next year? Not a bad idea. Patriots win.

Mrs. Code Red: 2-9? Really? Wow. 2-9? Patriots win.

Iggins!: Pats win.

Denver Broncos (9-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (9-2)
Iggins!: Without their two best pass rushers no way I take the Chiefs. Broncos win.

Erik: Yeah, I’m not taking a defense that just got carved apart by Philip Rivers and two rookies to win against Peyton Manning and the best receiving corps in the AFC. Broncos.

Code Red: Yeah, the Chiefs could lose most of their remaining games if they've lost the two keys to that dominant pass rush for a long time. Broncos win.

Mrs. Code Red: Broncos.

Atlanta Falcons (2-9) @ Buffalo Bills (4-7)
Erik: This week is so fucking boring. The Bills suck, but the Falcons suck more Bills.

Code Red: The Bills defense has gotten to be pretty good lately. Bills.

Mrs. Code Red: 2-9? Really? Wow. 2-9? Bills win.

Iggins!: Nice running joke there. Bills win.

St. Louis Rams (5-6) @ San Francisco 49ers (7-4)
Iggins!: These Rams, I don’t understand them. I’ll go 49ers to win but nothing would surprise me.

Erik: These Rams are finally acting like I thought they would act for the last two years, but who I think they are acting like is a worse version of the 49ers so… 49ers.

Code Red: Rams do not do well against the run. Not, like, as bad as the Bears, for example, but still bad. The 49ers do that well. 49Ers win.

Mrs. Code Red: 49ers.

Cincinnati Bengals (7-4) @ San Diego Chargers (5-6)
Erik: This is actually a much more interesting matchup than I would’ve thought in the offseason. The San Diego offense has been tearing it up lately, while the Cincinnati defense was absolutely massacring people before the bye. Cincinnati really doesn’t want to win games, though. Chargers.

Code Red: Indeed. Hard to pick this injury ravaged, inconsistent version of the Bengals. Chargers.

Mrs. Code Red: Chargers.

Iggins!: I hate to trust the Chargers, but man the Bengals have looked shitty getting to 7-4. Chargers win.

New York Giants (4-7) @ Washington Redskins (3-8)
Iggins!: Hard to pick the Redskins at all these days. Giants win.

Erik: Yeah I have absolutely zero faith in RGIII to even just make a miracle play and pull a win out 
anymore. Giants continue their shitty little “resurgence.”

Code Red: The Giants continue the most pointless second half surge ever. Way to not get a good draft pick, guys. Giants.

Mrs. Code Red: Giants.

New Orleans Saints (9-2) @ Seattle Seahawks (10-1)
Erik: One of these two teams is winning the NFC Championship, and it’s going to be whichever one has home field. Seahawks, solely because they’re at home.

Code Red: I make my stand here. Saints win.

Mrs. Code Red: Seahawks.

Iggins!: I've been telling you assholes all year, every week, Seattle is winning the Super Bowl. The Saints aren't a threat. Seahawks win.

No comments: